- Order of Final Determination that a portion of the Lower Niobrara River Basin is Fully Appropriated (January 25, 2008)
- Appendix 1: Fully Appropriated Portion of the Niobrara River Basin
- Appendix 2: Hydrologically Connected Ground Water Area to the Fully Appropriated Portion of the Niobrara River Basin
- Appendix 3: Legal Description of the Geographic Area within which Ground Water is Hydrologically Connected to Surface Water for Purpose of the Fully Appropriated Determination in the Lower Niobrara River Basin
- UPDATED Dec. 17, 18, 2009: There were five objections filed in the Department regarding the order. A hearing was held and the Director of the Department of Natural Resources upheld the order. The objectors have appealed the decision to the Nebraska Court of Appeals.
- UPDATED Feb. 25, 2008: Five petitions for a contested case hearing were timely filed with the Department by five petitioners on the January 25, 2008 Order of Final Determination that a Portion of the Lower Niobrara River Basin is Fully Appropriated. A hearing or hearings will be held as provided by Department rules, but are not yet scheduled.