The Ground Water Management and Protection Act (Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 46-701 through 46-753) requires NeDNR to annually report its evaluation of the expected long-term availability of hydrologically connected water supplies. This annual evaluation is required for every river basin, subbasin, or reach that has not previously been determined to be fully or overappropriated or for which a status change has not occurred within the previous four-year period pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat § 46-713(1)(a).
Below are the recent annual evaluations presented to the Legislature annually by the NeDNR. You may either download an entire report (large file size) or select individual chapters.
View Report Chapters
- Report Summary and Table of Contents
- Blue River Basins
- Lower Niobrara River Basin
- Lower Platte River Basin
- Missouri Tributary Basins
- Basin Summaries and Results
- Appendix A - Nebraska Administrative Code Title 457 Chapter 24
- Appendix B - Public Notices and Additional Information Received from Interested Parties
- Appendix C - Computation of Rate and Volume of Stream Depletion by Wells
- Appendix D - Net Irrigation Requirement
- Appendix E - Development of Groundwater Irrigated Acres per Well
- Appendix F - Basic Assumptions Used in Development of the Department of Natural Resources Proposed Method to Determine Whether a Stream and the Hydrologically Connected Groundwater Aquifers are Fully Appropriated